Frollemente has created a tasty pasta dish with flavours and aromas that express the real essence of an Italian summer. This is how to make your own organic grano tenero penne with creamed dried-tomatoes from the Vignamaggio farm.
Ingredients for penne rigate with creamed dried tomatoes, almonds and taralli crumbs
300 g Vignamaggio organic grano tenero penne rigate
½ jar of Vignamaggio creamed dried tomatoes
100 g almonds
100 g tarallini pugliesi
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta until al dente in salted boiling water for about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour 50 ml extra virgin olive oil and the creamed dried tomatoes in a pan and stir fry for just a few minutes.
- In another pan, prepare the crumbs by pouring in the oil and crumbing in all the taralli.
- Toast the taralli for a few minutes, until they are browned and have absorbed all the oil.
- Drain the pasta and add the penne to the pan with the creamed tomato.
- Pan toss for two minutes and start to chop the almonds.
- Plate the pasta and top with the taralli crumbs, almonds and a few leaves of fresh basil.
A delicious combination
This authentic rustic dish pairs very well with our reds. A glass of Terre di Prenzano would be ideal accompaniment for the intense, rounded and strong flavours of the penne with creamed dried tomatoes, almonds and taralli crumbs.